Sunday, January 29, 2012

Washing Brushes

I decided to deep clean my brushes today and looked up the fastest way to dry them. It involved a bit of MacGyver-ing with home goods and office items so I passed. I had the traditional "lay it on a towel" method, but was feeling pretty lazy today so went with a spin-off of that. I just put in an order for a dry and shape from Sigma, but I think this worked great.

I just took a clean hand towel, and some empty paper towel rolls (which I save like they are going out of style) and rolled one side of the towel over it.

You get something like what I have in the pictures below. One side is lifted so it lets the water run DOWN and out so it doesn't damage your brushes and best of all? I'm sure you have these things around your house! No more figuring out how to hang them on a hanger like an acrobat or making faux brush guards... This is it, people. Well, until my dry and shape comes, at least.

In other news: I did a ridiculous amount of shopping within the past month and have tons to swatch and show! Look for them soon!

~JL



No comments:

Post a Comment