Monday, March 4, 2013

Another "dupe" of the Naked Palette

   G's blog over at Nouveau Cheap really feeds my makeup addiction. I'll be the first to admit it. A few posts ago she wrote about a sighting for new Wet n Wild 8-pan palettes so I decided that I wouldn't go on a crazy hunt like I did with the last LE set and instead just be patient. I went to Meijer today to go grocery shopping and as I walked by the cosmetics I couldn't help but wander around and found an untouched display of the new palettes! I put myself on a no-buy because as I am trying desperately to pull my blog sale together and have too much makeup as it is but I just couldn't pass this up. Eh - I can try starting again tomorrow.
   Anyway, after seeing pictures of the palette online, I wondered if it was going to be another 'dupe' of Urban Decay's Naked. After picking it up, I can say that it's pretty darn close! The shades aren't EXACT dupes but they're extremely close and you'll find that you can create all the same looks you've been wanting to without having to pay a ton. I would say that some of these shadows aren't as smooth or pigmented as the original 8-pans but it's still an incredible deal at $5 for 8 shadows.

 All swatches were done over the Lorac Behind the Scenes eye primer.

Wet n Wild Nude Awakening Palette (Do you like how my Browbone color was put in upside down?... good thing I'm only a little neurotic or else that would drive me insane!)

Right end of original Naked palette from Urban Decay

Middle of original Naked palette from Urban Decay

WNW Definer - UD Creep


WNW Crease - UD Gunmetal

WNW Eyelid - UD Hustle
WNW Browbone - UD Toasted
WNW Definer - UD Darkhorse

WNW Crease - UD Buck
UD Sin - WNW Eyelid - UD Sidecar





WNW Browbone - UD Virgin


Good luck hunting down this little gem!

6 comments:

  1. I'm still on the hunt for this palette. Haven't had much luck yet. Reading all these blog posts about it just doesn't make things any better, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment here and on my other post! Yes, you should definitely try the foam dryer - it's amazing and I still use it all the time. As for the palette, I hope you find them soon! Let me know if you can't - they're everywhere around here. I'd be happy to pick one up if you pay for it and the shipping. =)

      Delete
    2. Hello, are you still seeing them? I can't find any anywhere either and I'm very willing to pay for it and the shipping.

      Delete
    3. Sorry for the delayed response! I have 2 sets that I'm putting in my blog sale that'll be posted before the end of the weekend if you're still interested. Let me know and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great swatches and really helpful review, thanks! Im gonna check my CVS tommorow for this palette, fingers crossed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you found the palette! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete