Monday, October 22, 2012

Shopping... again?

   I went to Walmart and discovered heaps of the new 2012 Hard Candy makeup. I stuck to what I know best. Neutrals. I purchased three of the new Single & Loving it shadows in: Attraction, Infatuation and Solo.





***The colors are the truest in this picture***

      Again, I rough swatched these babies really quickly and the color in my pictures aren't fantastic but you get the idea. I swatched them on the paper so you could see the buttery or grittiness of each shadow. The color payoff is great on each one but I would say that they do fade after about half a day's wear. Each of the swatches is without any primer underneath and just 2 swipes across the pan.

1. Attraction - A taupe-y/bronze-y/brown with really fine gold shimmer. You can see in the picture below how there are "chunks" of eyeshadow. It blends out nicely in the end but has a bit of fallout because of the formulation.

  

2. Infatuation - A champagne with the micro gold/silver shimmer. It's a really pretty, smooth as melted butter kind of shadow. Actually reminds me a bit of the Urban Decay formulas. Actually, if the Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer is a little too peach for your skin tone, this has the same base sparkle. This would work as a great multi-tasker for inner corner/brow bone highlight to actual highlight for your face.


3. Solo - Bronze with rust/brown tones and micro gold shimmer. This shade, in terms of smoothness, is right between the first two shades mentioned. Not particularly buttery but not as gritty as Attraction. The color is great and wears really well with minimal fallout.


   All in all, for $3 a piece, these shadows are definitely worth a try. If you aren't a neutral lover like myself, then I'm sure you could pass on these as they aren't really anything spectacular/insanely special but if you're just starting to get in to makeup, it'd be a really get place to start.

Let me know what you think if you've checked these out!

No comments:

Post a Comment